Tuesday, January 16, 2007

FO Report: Off-Center Argyle


Pattern: Off-Center Argyle by Teva Durham, from Wrap Style
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in Starlight Blue, Dusty Teal, Eggplant, and Violet Heather, and Elann Peruvian Pure Alpaca in Walnut
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 7
Started: December 31, 2006
Finished: January 15, 2006


I've had this pattern on my list and the yarn in the stash for it for at least three months. It finally was screaming at me so loud, I was forced to put down the fair isle to knit this one up. I didn't make any modifications to it except for the number of stitches I picked up for the collar. The alpaca yarn knit up looser than the wool on the size 7's, and was okay in the body of the poncho, but I wanted a tighter knit for the collar. I picked up about 10% stitches more, and started out using size 6 for the first 3 or 4 rows of the collar, but it was too firm, so I switched back to size 7. I love the colors, and the duplicate stitch lines really set it off!
Check back in a couple of days - I have another item blocking on the guest bed!

7 comments:

Erica said...

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. Great colours and it really suits you :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful! mine is on the needles, hope it looks as good!

Lynda said...

It's GREAT! I love the touch of purple.

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nik said...

I left a comment over on the scarf style site, saying how great I think this poncho is. It's very beautiful and classy.

Delana said...

That looks great on you! I've had that on my knit wish list for awhile too. Love the colors you chose.