Monday, March 02, 2009

FO Report: Princess' Sweater


Pattern: February Baby Sweater by EZ (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport, Hydrangea
Needles: US 5 / 3.75mm
Started: January 10, 2009
Completed: January 26, 2009

Modifications: How many times have I made this one now? As always, I knit it on circular needles. When I got to the sleeves, I put the rest of the body on hold, and knit one sleeve at a time, in the round, Magic Loop style. Once the sleeves were finished, I continued on with the body of the sweater. Another thing I did differently, as have a lot of knitters, is put the buttonholes in the yoke portion only, rather than continuing them on down.

This sweater was commissioned by one of my quilting friends for her yet to be born granddaughter, although I think she is scheduled to be induced later this week. They haven't decided on a name yet, so Pam is calling the baby "The Princess" for the time being.

She didn't have buttons picked out when I finished it, but she later told me she chose some antique grey pearl buttons. When she sends me a picture I will update here !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sweater is just darling! What a beautiful color you picked out too. "The Princess" is going to look so cute in it! *^_^*b