Wednesday, August 29, 2007

FO Report: Widdershins


Pattern: Widdershins
Needles: Knit Picks size 1
Started: July 26, 2007
Finished: August 12, 2007
Modifications: The pattern was written for a different gauge yarn than I used, so I had to adjust the number of stitches to knit, plus the number of increases for the gusset and the number of stitches for the heel flap. I also used the cast on and short row toe from Wendy's Detailed Toe Up Sock pattern. I had approximately 20% more stitches and rows per 4" than the pattern gauge called for, so I increased all the stitch numbers and increase numbers by 20%. It worked like a charm. I also knit the leg in 2 x 2 ribbing instead of 1 x 1.
This yarn was gifted to my by my non-blogging friend Susan (thanks Susan!), and I actually think I have the same color in my stash. I also have two other skeins, and look forward to using them all! I really liked it, but haven't seen it used much. It is a cotton / wool blend and is machine washable. These socks are color #792, Dungarees.

2 comments:

Minnie~Knits said...

Until I get better at socks, I think I'll just knit them as directed, for the most part, and see who they end up fitting! And hope it's me!

tj said...

Thanks for the pictures! Your Widdershins are fab!