Friday, September 11, 2009

FO Report: Huron Huskies Socks


Pattern: My own
Yarn: KnitPicks Sock Blank, received in Dyed Sock Blank Swap #3
Needles: US size 1 1/2 / 2/5 mm
Started: May 23, 2009
Finished: June 30, 2009

These socks were received in a Ravelry swap on the Dyed Sock Blank Swap. The theme of this round was "Where I'm from" My upstream partner was Carol from Kitchner, Ontario (mullub on Ravelry). Carol based her sock blank on the school her husband where her husband works, and where they spend a lot of their time. The school is Huron Heights, and their team is the Huskies (hence the name of the sock). The blank was dyed in the school colors, which I love :).

These socks were knit in my usual toe-up fashion with a Eye of Partridge heel. I was inspired by the stitch pattern I used on the Trekking 159 socks to do this pattern variation, but it turns out it was already a stitch pattern in More Sensational Knitted Socks! (I believe it is the Baby Cable Rib pattern.) I can't wait for colder weather so I can wear there more - I have the a top that is a near perfect match for the eggplant purple :)








No comments: