Sunday, August 24, 2008

FO Report: Baby C's Cardigan

Pattern: Inspired by Rocketry
Yarn: Knit Picks Superwash Merino Bare
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm and US 5 / 3.75 mm
Started: August 10, 2008
Finished: August 16, 2008

Modifications: I wanted to dye my own yarn for this cardigan, but could only come up with three colors to use. I used Jacquard acid dyes and came up with a medium brown, pale blue and pale green. My row and stitch gauge were off from the pattern, so I had to recalculate the pattern to fit. I did use the braid stitch from the Rocketry pattern, and think it makes it. I finished it just a couple of hours before the baby shower, so I steam blocked it rather than my usual wet blocking. I think it turned out really cute, and the yarn is incredibly soft. Baby C isn't due until October, so I'll have to wait awhile for a modelled shot.

No comments: