Wednesday, March 05, 2008

FO Report: Mega Boot Stretch socks


Pattern: My own.
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Mega Boots Stretch, color 704
Needles: US size 1, 2.5 mm
Started: February 11, 2008
Finished: February 27, 2008

Not much to say about these, I made the pattern up as I went along. I did start over a couple of times to get the right fit and feel, if you know what I mean. They are toe up, with a Turkish cast-on, 60 stitch foot and leg, slip stitch short row heel with a gusset, and k4 x p2 ribbing on the leg. I knit the leg as long as I could stand it, and then did a stretchy Sewn bind off. These are the longest socks I have knitted, and I still have quite a bit of yarn left over, probably enough for socks for Sweetpea. I love how the color changes in these socks, and they kept my toes toasty warm last night after our cool front moved through! The yarn has been in my stash for awhile, but I do remember it came from Webs, although I don't find it on their site right now. I picked it out to knit while waiting on 2.25mm needles to arrive from Knitpicks. Up next - Serendipity socks from the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Wow, they look great, and even better in person! I'm so impressed with how quickly you knit!!!

Robin said...

I just learned the turkish cast on, it is awesome!

Ilix said...

They are an awesome colour! A turkish cast on........... I will have to look that up!
Way to go on two FO posts in a row!
I wish I was as speedy!