Wednesday, June 06, 2007

FO Report: Peace Fleece Raglan Cardi


Pattern: My own design, a la Barbara Walker.
Yarn: Peace Fleece Worsted Weight, Sheplova Mushroom
Needles: KnitPicks Options, size 9
Started: April 20, 2007
Finished: May 27, 2007


I think this sweater is going to get a lot of wear come late Fall and Winter. It is very warm, so it didn't stay on for much longer than it took to set the timer and take this picture. It is 85 degrees here today! I loved the process of this sweater - I mainly knit this as an exercise in top-down knitting. I loved being able to fit it as I knitted. The sleeves are the perfect length, the waist shaping is in the right spot, the hem is the length I like... What's not to love about top down knitting? Oh, I have probably just a couple of yards of yarn left over. Just enough to save should I need to do any repairs. The yarn is very sturdy - probably one of the wooliest yarns I've ever knit with, if that makes sense. There was enough lanolin left it it to really soften my hands while knitting it up. The knitted fabric softened up quite a bit after it's Eucalan bath. I did a folded hem on the sleeves and body hem, and a garter stitch collar. The button band was knitted as I went, so I didn't have to go back and add that later. I should have finished this a lot faster than I did, but it's hard to knit with heavy worsted weight yarn when its 80+ degrees outside!

2 comments:

Procrastiknitter said...

Love it!!! So cute! How in the world do you find all that time to knit! I need to make my way to Owasso for the knitting night. My schedule has opened up a bit. Are you sick of the rain yet?

Rain said...

Oh wow, that looks lovely and the colour really suits you.