Saturday, May 17, 2008

FO Report: Paddy's Lucky Clover

Pattern: Paddy's Lucky Clover socks by Angela Dominey
Yarn: Shelby B's Designs Superwash Merino
Needles: US size 1 1/2, 2.5 mm
Started: April 10, 2008
Finished: April 22, 2008
Modification: used Stretchy Rib cast-on and 1 x 1 ribbing instead of long tail cast on and 2 x 2 ribbing.


Was it really nearly a month ago that I finished these socks? Wow, I really am behind... Anyway, this was the March sock club kit from Robyn's Nest. She has a month to month sock club with a different indy dyer each month (I think) . It came with the yarn and pattern (of course), plus some beaded stitch markers, a St. Patrick's Day pencil and pin. I signed up for the March kit because Shelby was my downstream SP9 pal.



I really liked knitting these and the lacy pattern made them go really fast. I especially liked the heel. It is sort of like an Eye of Partridge heel, but the yarn is carried on the right side in front of the slipped stitches. It made for a really pretty heel, but I couldn't get a picture of it that does it justice.

That's the thing I like the most about sock clubs, is that you are presented with a pattern or technique or yarn color that you might not normally try. I've never been disappointed :)

One note on Robyn's Nest, I also ordered an ebony shawl stick from her (at a fantastic price!) and despite the good packaging, when it arrived it had been snapped in half. I emailed her, and she replaced it, no questions asked, and was very apologetic about it. So, I can doubly recommend her for the great products she carries, as well has her excellent customer service!

No comments: