Wednesday, March 26, 2008

FO Report: Arugula Jaywalkers

Pattern: Jaywalkers by Grumperina
Yarn: Knitpicks Felici, Arugula
Needles: Options US size 1, 2.5mm
Started: March 10, 2008
Finished: March 20, 2008

Modifications: I knit these toe up, with a turkish toe. For the increases, instead of k1fb, I used a m1 increase. Short row heel because I like the way stripes look in a short row heel. Finally a picot edge hem.


I like these very much - the yarn is super soft, and I love the "Jaywalker" effect on the stripes. They do fit a little more snug than they seemed while knitting, but not too snug. And not so snug that I would change the stitch count next time around.

6 comments:

Robin said...

those are beautiful! Nice job!
I have only done one pair w/ a shortrow heel; and when I wear them, the heel is pointy and sticks out away from my foot. :-(
I don't know what I did wrong; but I plan on trying again with MY Jaywalkers. (Which are on hold while I finish Clapotis #2 for a KAL)

Ilix said...

Looking great, I love that colourway. Happy belated birthday!

Emma said...

Love the colors. Keep us posted on how the Knit Picks wears.

Kat said...

It amazes me how quickly you knit!!!

They look great!

Kris said...

Very pretty. I love the color. Aren't Jaywalkers just so fun to knit!

McKnitty said...

I just love Jaywalkers, and I think they look best with stripes. That yarn is gorgeous. I think I need to do another pair of stripey Jaywalkers now.