Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Superwash, Fired Brick
Needles: KnitPicks Options, US Size 8
Started: October 16, 2007
Finished: November 6, 2007
Modifications: I knit this in single stranded worsted weight yarn rather than the bulky weight or double stranded worsted called for. I recalculated the pattern based on the gauge I got in my test swatch. I started off knitting the large size (with my adjusted number of stitches), and knit as far as binding off the sleeves and joining the body. I thought the sleeves were way too loose, and the body had a little too much room too. I checked the pattern and found the medium size started off with the same number of stitches as the large, so I ripped back a couple of inches, cast off a little tighter for the sleeves, joined the body again, and then the fit was perfect!
I also opted to have a single clasp where the garter stitch meets the lace, rather than the buttons across the chest. I thought this was a more flattering look for me. I hand stitched some grosgrain ribbon to the wrong side around this point of the sweater to give it some stability. Actually I measured around myself at this point, added an inch of ease, and added another inch to allow for both ended of the ribbon to be turned under. I then sewed it on by hand, and washed and blocked the sweater after that.
I can't seem to get a decent modeled shot to save my live, so this one will have to do for now :)