Saturday, March 24, 2007

FO Report: Falling Leaves Cardigan


Pattern: Lion Brand Microspun Twin Set
Yarn: Lion Brand Microspun, Lilac
Needles: Denise size 6 (I think)
Started: ??? I think in 2005, during my last pregnancy
Finished: March 13, 2007
Modifications: None


In my mind all this time, I've thought of this as the Falling Leaves cardi. I tracked down the patten to write this post, and Lion Brand named it the Microspun Twin Set (there's a matching tank top in the pattern). Very original - I am still calling it the Falling Leaves Cardigan, because it's my sweater ;) This really didn't take me that long to knit. The finished pieces have been hiding out in my UFO basket for nearly two years. I think I put it off because the yarn is so fluid and drapey, I thought it would be a horrible mess to seam it together, but I pinned the edges side by side on a firm couch cushion, and the mattress seaming was a breeze. I'm pretty happy with the fit, but I've been thinking about redoing the neck. I've decided cardigans with a collar are more flattering to me. I do have a few skeins of the yarn left over that I had planned on the Shapely Tee with. I think I will knit it, possible making it sleeveless, and if I have enough left over, I'll come back to this and take off the neckband and add a garter stitch or 1 x 1 ribbed collar. But, since it may be quite a while before I get to the Shapely Tank, I'm going to consider this cardigan a finished object, once and for all!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

Nice!! I really like the pattern! And it's a great color too! Hmm... ;)

Anonymous said...

You seem to finishing lots of projects lately! Looks nice!

Carol said...

Nice job!