Monday, February 09, 2009

FO Report: Regia Galaxy Anthracite socks


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Regia Galaxy in Anthracite colorway
Needles: US 1 1/2 / 2.5 mm
Started: November 9, 2008
Finished: December 8, 2008
These are BHE's, and were a Christmas gift. He told me how much he likes the last pair of socks I knit him, so he gets more! Standard Turkish toe cast on with 18 wraps, increased to 68 stitches for the foot and leg, and did a short row heel and finished with 2 x 2 ribbing and EZ's stretchy sewn cast off.



It took me forever to finish these because I actually lost the second ball of yarn somewhere in OKC, either at the Coldplay concert, or at the restaurant we ate at before hand. I'm pretty sure it was at the concert, and assume it was lost forever, or if not lost, then too dirty and disgusting to be worth the hassle. I checked the LYS where I bought it originally and of course they were out - and this series is discontinued. Fortunately, Woodland Woolworks had some in stock, on sale, and with free shipping for orders over $45! Of course, the yarn didn't cost $45, so I ordered some extra bobbins for my spinning wheel to meet the free shipping requirement :) I had wanted some extra bobbins anyway, so this turned out to be a good thing!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Holy God woman did you have some "pent-up blogging?!?" LOL Sorry, d
on't mind me...I haven't been to sleep yet and it's 5 a.m. That's what happens when I take vacation from work...I goof off, sleep till noon, and royally 'eff up my normally rigid sleep schedule. I should just delete this comment, but I won't, because maybe you needed a laugh today? I'm gonna shut up now.