Monday, October 13, 2008

FO Report: Wicked Cardigan

Pattern: Wicked by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, Dusky Aurora
Needles: US 8, 5.0mm
Started: May 8, 2008
Finished: May 29, 2008

Modifications: I used FlintKnits instructions to cardiganize my Wicked, and actually her post and pictures were what inspired me to knit it to start with. I also knit 3/4 length sleeves, and finished the sleeves with the same ribbing as on the neckline. I forgot to take into account my narrow, slope-y shoulders, and the neckline tended to slip off my shoulders. Since I want to wear this to work, I had to fix it! I ended up sewing some clear elastic around the inside where the ribbing meets the stockinette, and crocheting semi-tightly around the edge of the neckline - Problem fixed!


I knit this for the Loopy Ewe's Dream in Color Sweater KAL, and did finish it in time. I used a shawl pin for the photo since I couldn't find any buttons right way that I liked for it. I finally found them, but it took forever to get them sewn on, all the way until the end of September! I love this yarn - it's soft, washable, and the colors are to die for! Honestly, I couldn't do it justice in pictures, but this colorway almost glows in the sunlight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I love the color. It looks like one you'll get a lot of wear out of!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really amazing! Such Talent!! Don't stop.

Anonymous said...

Cute color!

Robin said...

Gorgeous and super wearable!
I love the color, too...all those shades wrapped up in one sweater, it's cool.
When you spoke about the shape of your shoulders, it reminded me of "Off-Center Argyle". I never wear the fricking thing even though I love it, because my shoulders are so broad and square. I look like my head is perched atop a square argyle box. I look like I'm wearing some kinda straightjacket. Okay I'm done complaining!