Monday, April 14, 2008

FO Report: Jupiter Red Socks


Pattern: My own
Yarn: Regia Galaxy, Jupiter Red #1559
Needles: US size 1 1/2 / 2.5mm
Started: March 21, 2008
Finished: April 10, 2008

These turned out to be really long socks, but I just kept knitting so I could see the swirls! They were knit toe-up, with a Turkish cast-on, short row heel, and EZ's Stretchy Sewn Bind-Off after a couple of inches of 1 x 1 ribbing. I think I have enough yarn for 3 more pair of socks in this series of yarn - One black with swirls, one navy with swirls, and one khaki with swirls. I'm too lazy right now to go look up the colors, but I will be knitting them up relatively quickly. I washed this pair yesterday, and they came out of the washer a lot softer. Not that they weren't wearable before washing, because I did wear them for two days, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much softer they did feel :) (I'm also too lazy to link right now, but I've used the Turkish toe and the Stretchy Sewn bind off in my couple of pair of toe-up socks - if anyone needs help with them, feel free leave a comment or send an email.)

I've already cast on for my next pair, and am just at the heel on the first sock. Pictures soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I just started the toe decreases on my 2nd sock - I may have a pair of galaxy socks by the end of the day! Too bad it's been 90+ degrees here lately - not wool sock weather :o(

Emma said...

Love those. The colors are great.

Penny Lane said...

Dear Penny,

I just began my own blog but with my own name being already used, I had to check out the site... Penny Lane. How wonderful to find another lover of knitting.

Don't you love it when people say, "Have you heard that song?" or "Have you seen that movie?" or as you are walking with you four kids, "Are your parents Beetle fans?"

Blessings, Penny Lane