Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Double FO Report: Sock Blank Socks

Pattern: My own
Yarn: KnitPicks Sock Blank
Needles: US 1 1/2 / 2.5mm
Started: August 8, 2008
Finished: September 21, 2008

These socks are all knit from the sock blank I received from Melanie in the Ravelry Dyed Swap Blank Swap Group. Here is the post about the swap, and the picture of the blank as I received it. I loved how it knitted up! I think I've said it here before, but it reminds me of Impressionism.
I started my socks (toe up of course), and knitted them as tall as I wanted. When I looked at how much sock blank there was left, I thought I could probably knit a pair of socks for Sweetpea with it. Both pair were knit Magic Loop style, two at a time, toe up with a Turkish cast on, Eye of Partridge heel, 3 x 1 ribbing at the top, and EZ's Stretchy Sewn Bind Off.

I sort of guessed on the sock size for Sweetpea, as she was asleep when I started them. They fit, but barely. I'm sure she'll outgrow them before winter is over, and possibly before it even gets here.


4 comments:

Ilix said...

Love the double shot socks!! A big pair and a mini pair!

Kat said...

Love the socks, and I'm just blown away that you got FOUR socks out of that blank! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

You are my inspirations I'm from Poland and I love knitting too, I'm inviting http://antymalgo.blox.pl/html
Gosia

Penny said...

Thank you Malgorzata! I tried to visit your blog, but it I couldn't pull it up with the web address you left. Please post if there was an error in your comment.