Sunday, February 10, 2008

FO Report: Tiny Soxx




Pattern: My own
Yarn: Soxx Appeal in Purple Dusk, Knitpicks Risata in Navy
Needles: US Size 2.0
Started: January 27, 2008
Finished: Febuary 8, 2008

Details: Toe up, Turkish cast on, 36 stitches on the foot and leg. Short row heel and 1 x 1 ribbing on the cuff. This is yarn left over from the Soxx Appeal socks I just finished (as if you didn't know that already, lol). After I finished my first sock, I had about 10 grams left over, so I decided to cast on and see if I could get a sock for Sweetpea out of it. As I was working the heel, there wasn't very much yarn left at all, so I ripped it out. I went digging through my stash for some black fingering weight that wasn't already spoken for, and came up with this super dark navy Risata from KnitPicks instead. I'm not big on the mother-daughter matchy-matchy look, but apparently that is outweighed by the Depression era scrimping and saving ancestral blood in me ;)
Both yarns are machine washable (important when they are on the feet of a 2 1/2 year old), and both have a bit of elastic. I think the Soxx Appeal knits up a bit cushier, but really, there isn't enough difference for a 2 1/2 year old to notice.

Although Sweetpea had no interest in sitting still for photo shoot, she loves her new socks! She wore them all day long yesterday, which is an acomplishment for a little fashion plate who wants to change her clothes everytime you turn around!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Aw, so cute. And the socks ain't bad either.

Ilix said...

Wow, those look great! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

How cute and purple ...that is the socks ... and sweetpea is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! (Just as an aside, we had a red stool like that when we were growing up...)