Monday, May 19, 2008

FO Report: Leafling

Pattern: Leafling by JC Briar
Yarn: BMFA Socks That Rock Mediumweight
Needles: US 2, 2.75mm
Started: April 25, 2008
Finished: May 8, 2008
Modifications: I used the modified toe pattern by KnittingSuzanne (ravelry link)


This is the March sock kit from the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club. An alternate name for these socks could be The Third Pair of Green Socks I've Knit in a Row. Seriously, I really enjoyed knitting these, but I'm a little tired of all the green. I wanted to do the Stretchy Rib cast on I've used for the last couple of top down socks, but it sets you up for a 1 x 1 ribbing, and these needed a 2 x 2 ribbing to flow into the leaf pattern. I know these pictures don't show pattern well, but check out the other photos on Ravelry for some truly beautiful socks. I think I could have figured it out how to do the Stretch Cast on or something like it in a 2x2 rib, but I've been fairly brain dead by the time I am able to sit down with my knitting lately. And the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is sit in front of the computer any longer. Actually, the hand out we received at our last K.N.I.T. Guild meeting will help me with this I think. If I have time to sit down and figure it out for 2 x 2, I'll write it up and post it here, if anyone's interested.


The heel was really interesting too. It started out as a slipped stitch heel, but the slipped stitches continued down underneath the heel until all the gusset stitches were decreased. The creates a little padding under the heel, which is great on my hardwood floors!


It's time for the May sock club kits to ship, in fact I think they are shipping this week. In the meantime, I've cast on for a Wicked cardigan, and am nearly finished with it. Hopefully I can get another FO report up this week for that one! I have another cardi swirling around in my head that may need to be knit before I start anymore socks. Plus, I've got to get that ladybug cardi knit for Sweetpea....

No comments: