Sunday, September 16, 2007

FO Report: Mystery Stole 3, aka Swan Lake


Pattern: Swan Lake by Melanie Gibbons
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight, Peacock
Beads: Size 8/0 seed beads, Dark Green
Needles: Bryspun US size 4
Started: July 3, 2007
Finished: September 4, 2007
Modifications: None.


I really love this stole! (Don't I say that about everything I knit?) I really do! I had my doubts when I read about the "wing", because I really like things symmetrical. However, I had faith in Melanie and her design, so I knit on. When I was close to finishing, I started seeing photos of other knitters' finished stoles, and when it's draped just so around the shoulders, it is really beautiful. I ordered my Zephyr from Sarah's Yarns, and would definitely recommend her. The color selection is wonderful, as well as the price. They made a little error on the color the sent, but when I notified them, they promptly sent the correct color along with a postage paid envelope so I could return the first shipment! I also used beads, per the pattern. I ordered my beads from the Bead Wrangler, and the prices were very reasonable, and super fast shipping. I did enjoy knitting this, and can't wait for a proper occasion to wear it!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Wow, it's beautiful!!
Maybe I'll get off my duff and block mine so I can bring it tomorrow night. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey ... your MS3 is beautiful and its great to see it being modelled!

Penny said...

Gorgeous! I should really start working on mine again...