Friday, December 28, 2007

FO Report: Fetching

Pattern: Fetching

Yarn: KnitPicks Swish Superwash in Fired Brick
Needles: KnitPicks Options, U.S. size 6
Started: December 13, 2007
Finished: December 14, 2007

Modifications: Just minor, really. I added a few rounds between the cuff cables and the thumb to allow for more coverage of my wrists. I knit enough extra to do an extra cable twist before casting off, to cover my fingers a little more. (Apparently, I have long hands.) I also didn't care for the curling of the edge after casting off, so I ripped back a few rounds, and reknit the last 3 rounds in garter stitch before casting off.

These were meant to be a gift for Monkeyboy's speech teacher, but I didn't know if she would appreciate a handknit gift, or if she were the type to wear fingerless gloves. Sometimes it's hard to tell that sort of thing about some people, you know? So she got a tin of cookies instead (because, really, who doesn't love cookies?), and I got a pair of Fetching!

No comments: