Monday, July 07, 2008

FO Report: Business Socks

Pattern: Wendy's Toe-Up Socks with a Differnce, tweaked by me.

Yarn: Austermann Step, Hunter
Needles: US 1 1/2, 2.5mm
Started: June 8, 2008
Finished: July 1, 2008



Seriously, these really did take me nearly 4 weeks to knit, but I did knit another pair at the same time (next FO report), plus I'm very busy these days. These socks earned their name because I knit them mostly while studying for the Business portion of the CPA exam. Specifically, while veiwing lectures. Honestly, having something the keep my hands busy helps me focus on the boring topic better.

I mostly stuck to Wendy's pattern, but instead of plain stockinette, I threw in a pattern on the instep and leg. I think it is the mistake rib? I didn't get it from a specific book, I just *k3, p1*, on one round, knit the next. Easy-peasy, and it gave it a bit of interest.

3 comments:

Ilix said...

I like them, the colourway is really intresting!

Robin said...

Looks good! I wish I would have known how to knit while I was studying for that exam - I bet it would have sunk in better!

Unknown said...

I knit all the way through high school & university for just that reason.