Monday, February 09, 2009

FO Report: Vulcan Azure socks

Pattern: Azure by Deb Barnhill

Yarn: Austermann Step in Vulcan

Needles: US 1 1/2 / 2.5 mm

Started: November 17, 2008

Finished: January 4, 2009

Modifications: I started these in size Medium, and once the heel was completed, I increased to a size Large for the leg. I also did my usual EZ's stretchy sewn cast off.



I started these because I lost the second ball of Regia Galaxy yarn for BHE's socks at the Coldplay concert. I needed something to knit while I was waiting for the replacement skein to arrive, and was definitely ready for something a little more involved that plain stockinette. The pattern gets a little lost in photos because of the stripes, but up close and personal, they look great!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Ohhh those are AWESOME! I love a "tweedy" looking yarn. So warm and fuzzy looking, IMO.