Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ggrrrrr!

So I cast on for the second Fair Isle sock last night with my new needles from Knit Picks, worked the cuff, and got to the part where I tie on the self striping yarn for the color work. Now I can't find the first sock to see what color I started with! And of course they must match! I looked in all my baskets of yarn (trust me, there's a lot), and it's not where it should be! The only other place I can think of is that its in a tote bag, but which one? Or buried under a pile-o-crap on my sewing table. The search will continue tonight......

My new needles from Knit Picks you ask? Why yes, I did get a box of goodies yesterday! No, I sent it to myself. I got the dpns in sizes 1, 2, & 3 ( and I think 0 too), as well as some circs for my KSKS pal. I cast on for the sock on the size 2s, and I really like them. The points are nice and pointy. The only drawback was I had to put the sock down when I had just 3 or 4 stitches on the fifth needle, and it slid out of those stitches. That wouldn't have happened with my bamboos. But, on the plus side, I don't think I will be able to snap these, like I did my first set of bamboos!

I also got six more balls of the Palette yarn for the Palette Fair Isle cardigan. I'm buying my yarn a few balls at a time, like Laura. And finally, I ordered some of the Dancing sock yarn they have on clearance. I ordered Tap and Jig. I really, really like the colors in the skeins - I hope it knits up prettier than it looks on the website :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm glad you're still collecting the yarn for the FI cardigan - I definitely hope to start working on it in late August or early September. I'll mention more about it on my blog so maybe I can get some interest in a knitalong! :)

Your FI socks are looking SO GREAT!