Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ariann!


I don't know what it is about casting on for a new project, but I love it! It's like a fresh start, and it gives me a ton of energy every time. I've been wanting to cast on for Ariann for a long time, but made myself wait until the Fair Isle Cardigan was finished. I swatched for it last fall when I first got the pattern and then actually cast on St. Patrick's day on a road trip to Texas. I knit 11 inches, and then last Thursday night I ripped it all out, and started over. I had made a mistake with a buttonhole, and with the way I was slipping a stitch on one of the edges. I decided to buttonhole would just bug me every time I looked at it, so I ripped the whole thing out and started over. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures before ripping.

This is a really fun knit, and is going WAY faster than the fair isle did. I'm using Salishan, a wool/pima cotton blend KnitPicks had on their website only several months ago. I love the yarn and the pattern, and can't wait to be able to wear it! I don't know why KnitPicks never offered this yarn in their catalog, the swatch washed and blocked beautifully, and I love everything about it so far!

No comments: