Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Plan B

Whoops! I swatched last night for Something Red with some Cascade 220 Heathers in my stash, and the gauge was way off. I usually can get gauge with the recommended needles, but this time I got 20 sts by 26 rows, and the gauge needs to be 18 x 22 to 4 inches. Keep in mind this is not the recommended yarn. I don't know where I got the idea this yarn would be a good substitute, but now it's time to move on. I really like the resulting swatch, so I'm thinking about either resizing the pattern to fit my gauge, or designing my own, another top-down. And if I design my own, do I want to incorporate some sort of stitch pattern? Hmmm, the possibilities are endless!
I tried a photo shoot last night, but the card wasn't in the camera! I forgot to ask BHE about it when he got home, so we'll see if I remember tonight :)

No comments: