I can't believe I've been working on the Mystery Stole 3 for 2 months, and haven't posted a picture yet! I've been so busy working on it, I just haven't taken the time to get the camera. Plus there's not really a good place to spread it out for pictures, color and space wise, other than our guest bed, and it's covered with spare clothes right now. That I've been too busy to sort because I'm knitting :) Well, I'm nearly finished, but I wanted to post at least once before the final shots. I pinned it out slightly at stitch group tonight and took this picture. I think I have about 50 rows left to go. Woohoo! I'm using Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight in Peacock. You can't see them but there are tiny little dark green beads in there too.
I also started these toe up socks from some more discontinued Knit Picks Dancing from my stash. I am doing a K3 P1 rib on the instep and will continue it on the leg. I'll probably use the gusset and heel flap from the Widdershins pattern. The toe was Wendy's short row toe (my favorite right now). I've decided I there must be something about this yarn I don't like - The Jaywalkers I knit with it took, what, 3 or 4 months to knit I think. I started these at least 2 weeks ago, and I'm only as far as the gusset on the first sock. The socks I just knit with the Online Supersocke only took about 2 weeks, and it was a cotton blend too. I like the feel of the Dancing yarn, and it knits up okay. I don't know if I don't like how often it changes colors (about every 3-8 stitches), or the slight stretchiness (it has elastic), what. I can't pinpoint it. Anyway, these are the last two skeins of it I have, so once I finish this pair, I'm done with it.
I'm in a hurry to finish these two projects. I'm chomping at the bit to start the Tilted Duster cardigan / jacket featured on the cover of the latest Interweave Knits. Fortunately, the yarn I ordered from Webs is on back order, or there would be no way I could resist casting on!