Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I prefer natural fibers, I don't care so much for acrylics, unless they are blended with wool or cotton, etc.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have my KnitPicks options in their case, but my dpns are stored in a plastic tub.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My Aunt Ruth taught me to knit when I was seven, a garter stitch scarf with ivory acrylic yarn. I've knit on and off since then, consistently for the last four years. I think I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do, my Amazon list is linked in the sidebar, under My Favorite Online Shopping.

5. What's your favorite scent? Hmm - orange / vanilla, or any kind of fruity scent. Not so fond of the florals, unless its a light one like gardenia or jasmine.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Absolutely, I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate :)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am just learning to spin, and am very much a beginner. I cross stitched for a couple of years, and am sort of on a quilting hiatus while my kids are so small. I probably have 10 quilts in progress, and a huge stash.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I can play MP3s, and I like all sorts of music - seriously. For example right now on my ipod, I have Sting, Paul McCartney, Panic at the Disco, Ehren Starks (classical), the Oceans 11 and Pretty in Pink soundtracks, and a ton of Ben Folds music. Plus lots of podcasts :)

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like oceany colors, blues, greens, plus purples. I also love a deep true red. I don't care for bright orange or yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married with a 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter, and a 6 year old dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, when its cold enough here - usually 2-3 months out of the year.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I've been on a cardigan kick for a long time, but it looks like I'm starting to gravitate towards socks.

13. What are you knitting right now? A Debbie Bliss cardi with a sailor collar for my daughter, some Widdershins, and the Mystery Stole 3.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular and aluminum. I do use straight plastic Bryspuns for my lace knitting.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? About 4 months on the DB cardi. (We won't discuss the quilting UFOs).

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn ;). Oh, I also have a few dragonfly items.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I just renewed my Interweave Knits subscription. I'd like to try one of the bamboo yarns, and as far as books & patterns go..... I have really been wanting Knitting Vintage Socks, and Get Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. I also like the new Jordana Paige pattern for the Trapeze Jacket.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I guess I'd say Entrelac - I have the book and enough Silk Garden for the Lady Eleanor wrap, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I hear its best to learn to knit backwards, and I don't know how to do that yet.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I am, I wear a size 9 1/2 M.

23. When is your birthday? March 25

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I just joined last week, and haven't had time to do anything with it yet. My ID is pennylane.

No comments: