Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are getting ready to head over to my brother and sister-in-law's house, as soon as the rolls come out of the oven. I've been checking them every few minutes, and just realized I turned the oven off after the first time the timer beeped! No wonder they weren't getting brown!

I'm baking, in case you were wondering, two dozen yeast dinner rolls, made from scratch. I just took the Candied Sweet Potatoes out of the oven, and am about to wake Sweetpea from her nap. Monkeyboy has been playing Star Wars with his Lego guys all morning, and we are ready to eat! Tonight, we will go watch the Christmas lights be turned on at Utica Square, the oldest shopping center in Tulsa.

Thanksgiving comes to our house on Sunday, when I cook a feast for BHE's family.

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA, Happy Thursday to everyone else :D

2 comments:

Ilix said...

Hope you had a nice thanksgiving!

Kat said...

Oh wow, home made rolls!
I made TWO attempts to cook rolls in the last two weeks and both were total failures. I've usually used the bread machine to mix the dough and do the first rising cycle, but for some reason neither batch worked this time around. ARGH!! I'll have to do it all by hand I guess.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!