I don't have any FO on the horizon to report, so I thought I'd post a WIP update. Currently I'm working on a pair of socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Mega Boots Stretch color #704 (is the name of this yarn really that long?). I just finished the heel on the first sock. Obviously, this picture was taken before I got that far. Actually, this is the third go at this sock. First I cast on for a 64 stitch foot with US size 2 1/2 (3.omm) - too loose and too big. Rip out, start over with a 60 stitch foot, US size 0 (2.0mm). This sock was so tightly knit, it could have stood on its own. Finally, I'm working now with 60 stitches again, on US size 1 1/2 (2.5mm), and it seems to be fine. It looks too big to look at, but it fits fine. this is the first time I've worked with this yarn. It doesn't seem to have a lot of stretch, but I do like it, especially the color changes.
In between all those cast-ons and do-overs, I also cast on for the Rockin' Sock Club sock for January, Serendipity. I couldn't get gauge with (what I thought was) the recommended needle, size 1. Turns out I have size 1 1/2 (2.5mm), and I have actualy size 1's (2.25mm) on order as I type.
Also in progress (after a long unnecessary time out) is the Wrap Cardigan by Margaret O'Leary from the Holiday 2006 Vogue Knitting. I can't get a decent picture of this to save my life, so you'll just have to visualize. (Here is my Ravelry link to it.) I've knitted the back, both fronts, and am working on the collar. This is interesting in that the outer half of the fronts is knitted with one strand with size 10 needles, and the center half double stranded with size 11s. Can you picture that? So about halfway across the row, I had to switch needle sizes and pick up or drop a second strand of yarn. Now. Once you reach the shoulders, the single stranded portions are cast off, and you continue knitting the double stranded part for 2-3 inches more before binding off. These sections will be sewn together in the back and form the shawl collar. Now you know how I have to change it up. I left the back stitches live, and when the time came, did a three needle bind off for the shoulder seams. Then as I continue knitting the 2 stranded collar portion, I am picking up the live stitches from the back neck, one at a time, and knitting them together with the collar. (I'm halfway across this part now, hence the present tense.) When I get both collar portions worked to the center back, I'll Kitchner stitch them together. Then onto the sleeves!
Oh, I do still need to do FO post for BHE's Apple Socks, I just have to get him to model them for me!