On my needles this week: my third, yes, third sock in Regia Galaxy Jupiter Red sock. I was so concerned about getting the yarn to actually pool the way it was meant to, to create the rings, that the first sock was knit very loosely. I actually started and frogged 5 or 6 times, trying different combinations of needle size and stitch count . When I finally found what I thought was correct, I continued on and knit the first sock (loosely). Then we took a road trip to Texas, and in the process of knitting the second sock, I went back to my normal gauge, and lo and behold, the stripy rings didn't go away, but the sock was nearly an inch smaller around, and fit much better. So I ripped the first one and started over with my normal gauge.
The green yarn is the March selection from Robyn's Nest sock club. I cast on and started the ribbing, but it seemed really small. Last night I started knitting in stockinette to check my gauge, and I'm getting 9 1/2 stitches per inch, instead of 8 as the pattern calls for! I was using 2.25 mm needles like the pattern calls for, as I can usually get gauge with whatever size is recommended. I'm going to check my gauge on 2.5 mm needles and see how it goes. I did like the fabric I was getting on the 2.25 mm needles, so if 2.5 doesn't work out, I may try to adjust the stitch count and use the smaller needles.
This is everything I received from Robyn's Nest. It is everything included in the March sock club kit, plus an ebony shawl stick I ordered to use with the Vogue Wrap Cardi. It didn't work out, but I'll definitely find another use for the shawl pin. Robyn was great - she initially sent my pin in February when I ordered it, but it was broken in half in the mail, despite the padded packaging she used. When I contacted her, she responded immediately and replaced it free of charge :) I just love great customer service!