Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WIP Wednesday

On my needles - My second pair of Jaywalkers, this time in KnitPicks Felici in Arugula. I'm working this pair toe up (of course) and I'm nearly finished with the second sock. I'm finishing the top edge with a picot hem, and I really like it compared to the ribbing I did on the first pair. I wanted to finish them in time for St. Patrick's Day, but no such luck. I'm sure they will get plenty of wear between now and next St. Patty's day, so it will be interesting to see how they hold up. On a side note, I noticed a lot of wear this morning on my Panda Cotton socks, after maybe five or six wearings. But that's another post for another time. I'll have to check the Ravelry reviews on that yarn.
Also on my needles - I signed up for the Mystic Light Mystery Shawl (starts next week). I saw a couple of people were using Drops Alpaca, and coincidentally, one of my LYSs, Loops, just started carrying Drops yarn. I picked up 4 skeins, and started swatching. I love the yarn, but I'm not crazy about the yarn and this pattern. I don't know if I'll do the shawl or not - I hardly ever wear the stoles I've made, and I doubt if I will wear a triangular shawl either. However, my mind has started spinning with new ideas. I sort of have a picture in my mind of what I want, and while I can't pinpoint it, I also can't find a Drops pattern for this yarn that is "the one." I've pulled out my stitch dictionaries, and will start swatching as soon as my second Jaywalker is finished (I know myself too well), and I just may end up with my first design, as opposed to a heavily modified version of someone else's design ;) Stay tuned, the progress will likely be slow. I'm more inclined to take my time with something like this, rather than rush through for the sake of a finished (non)wearable. So, patience, please :D

No comments: