Friday, May 16, 2008

Pay it Forward


I am horribly late in this post, but this is the package I received from my Pay It Forward upstream pal, Rachel. As you'll recall, you agree to send packages containing something handmade to up to three people.
Rachel send me a set of six coasters, some rose scented lip balm, and a set of glass bead stitch markers! I love them all, and don't know why it took me so long to post. I think it's probably because the items got separated almost immediately, the coasters next to my favorite chair, the stitch markers into one of my knitting bags, and the lip balm on my bedside table. I had to gather everything up for this picture, and then had several days of not being able to upload to Flickr. (When I finally got into it, the picture was there three times!) As Rachel can tell, the stitch markers are still on the piece of yarn she tied them together with. I don't know what it is, but I have a hard time using gifts people send to me, whether stitch markers, yarn, tea, or whatever (except for chocolate - I don't have a problem using chocolate.) It's like I have to find a project worthy enough of using the yarn or stitch markers, or whatever.
I posted my own PIF post in February, and to date have only one downstream pal. (Jen, I am working on something for you!) Feel free to comment on that post if you'd like one of the two remaining spots.
In other news, I'm slowing getting caught up on Bloglines, I'm down to about 350 posts to read. I'm also cranking out a new cardi, cast on (top down) just over a week ago, and I'm already working on the second sleeve. The body is to about the waist, and once the sleeve is finished, I'll complete the body.

No comments: