Friday, May 30, 2008

Sock Yarn Swap

Check it out! I signed up for a Sock Yarn Stash swap in Ravelry (link to Ravelry Group). The premise is that you choose sock yarn from your stash, add a few other knitterly items & treats, and send it on. My upstream partner is DeusXMachina on Ravelry, and she lives in Vienna! How cool is that? She sent me two skeins of Socken Effekt Strickgarn in this cool red-gold-peachy combo that I can't wait to knit up. Also, some chocolates (partially consumed now), tea, mints (Orbit Professional Mints!), a Vanilla candle, Orange fragrance oil, because I love orange and vanilla together, sewing pins, and bubble bath!

My downstream partner is Stefanina from Switzerland. I sent her package out today, but sadly, forgot to take a picture before I sent it off. I won't post what I sent just in case she reads my blog - Hi Stefanina - I want you to be surprised! This is an ongoing swap, in fact sign ups for Round 3 started today. Each swap is limited to 50 participants, so you've got to move fast. I don't think I'm going to sign up again just yet - I love all the yarn in my stash too much!

I've decided not to participate in Secret Pal 11 this time. I've been waiting and waiting for months for it to start up again. Sign ups started a couple of weeks ago, and I've been reconsidering it. I've decided we've got so much going on this summer, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep up with the packages I would want to send, as well as the posting and contact requirements. Between family stuff, house stuff, and work stuff, the rest of this year is going to fly by, I'm afraid.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the color of that yarn!!! How fun. I have never done things like swaps...I think I'm too picky to leave my fate in the hands of others. Also I'd choose things to send to my swap buddy, then I'd want to keep them to myself :-)
Truthfully, I don't have much money to spare and I hate going to the post office. I am SO lazy and cheap...what a winning combination!!!
My mom once told me that the older you get, the faster time flies. Scary, huh? I feel like I'm not even sure it's 2008 yet, and it's almost halfway over.
I REALLY should start some Christmas knitting but I'm all into charity knitting lately for a group on Ravelry. It is satisfying to finish up so many little projects! Although it does require trips to the post office, grrr...

Ilix said...

Wow that is a great packet! You totally scored, but I bet you also really spoiled your partner! I love swaps!