Thursday, September 24, 2009

Recession Swap Question #2

Time for the second question for the swap I'm participating in!

Are you attending any Fiber Festivals this autumn? If so, which ones and why?

Unfortunately, no. As far as I know, there is only one fiber festival held in my area, the last weekend in July. This past July was the third year for the festival, and I've never been able to go, due to previously planned trips out of town! I'd love to go to Rhinebeck someday, or Estes Park, since it is closer to me. Until I finish all four parts of the CPA exam (goal: within the next 5 months!), I don't have the time to be away for more than a day or so for fun stuff :( However, it will all be worth it when it's over :)
In related news, I am a member of CJ Kopec's fiber club on Ravelry. September's fiber was actually five different colors of wool, and each member could choose what colors / quantity they wanted. I ordered 4 of the colors, 6 ounces total, but have been mulling over how I would spin it up for the last couple of weeks. I finally made a decision (3 ply for stripey socks), and divided up all the fiber last night. Now I have six little balls of fiber, wound in color order, and I'm going to start spinning tonight when I need a study break. I wish I lived close enough that I could go home at lunch, but I don't really. My plan is to spin up 3 of the fibery balls, and ply them together to have one skein, for one sock, by next Wednesday.

1 comment:

SillyLittleLady said...

Oh I envy your rovings and wish I had the time to spin up some of mine as well. :)