Yarn: Superwash Merino/Nylon blend, handpainted by me :)
Needles: Size 1 dpns and circular
Started: January 12, 2007
Finished: April 18, 2007
Modifications: Picot hem at top, and customized for my foot.
I can't believe I finally finished these! They've been one the needles forever it seems like. I knit the first sock on size 2 dpns, decided the knitting was too loose, so I knit the second sock on size 1 dpns. It fit much better, so I ripped out the first sock, and started over with the smaller size dpns. Up the this point all knitting on the socks crept along at an alarmingly slow pace. About halfway through the foot on the third / final sock, I switched to a size 1 circular and started knitting magic loop style. This was just a few days ago, an d the rest of the sock flew by from there on out.
This is the first pair of socks I've knit from my own handpainted yarn, and I love it :) I have enough left over to maybe do a pair for one of the kiddos, but I'll probably wait until the fall, since they are wool socks, and who knows how much their feet will grow by then.
And for now, there is nothing on my needles......