Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bedtime? What's Bedtime?

If anyone ever hears of a way to create more hours in the day, or to stop time, please let me know! Tonight was my stitching night, and Monkeyboy has been wanting to go with me for a couple of weeks. So, we packed up my stitching, his art box, his drink(s), drove throughout Mickey D's for his dinner, and headed off, like a herd of turtles.

We did fine, but he was extremely shy, as he hasn't seen most of them in months. After he finished his dinner, he was ready to leave. I talked him into breaking out the art box and he colored, stickered, played with flashcards.... then he decided he wanted to pull my size 2 needle out of the 10 inches of fingering weight with 97 stitches per row. I was able to make him understand that would be very bad, indeed. Needless to say I got very little accomplished, and by the time we got home and he was in bed, it was 10:00. WAY past bedtime.

Now it's after 11:30 - I've just posted on the Sew I Knit blog, balanced the checkbook, paid bills, and am too tired to knit.

Like I said, let me know if someone put more hours in the day. I'd be happy with making time stand still, as an alternative.

No comments: