Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Weekend at the Lake


We are back from the lake. I actually got quite a bit of knitting done actually. We stayed at the retirement home of some good friends' parents, who have not yet retired to the lake. There were 12 adults, 7 kids, and 4 dogs total. Four of the kids were under a year old, and all on different nap schedules. Here are pictures of Monkeyboy and Sweetpea taken by TBHE.

Friday night before leaving, I drug out a WIP I've been working on for a coworker. I figured out why I hadn't worked on it in so long. This is the project in question. Only instead of the yarn suggested, or even something close, she wants it in bulky weight novelty yarn, and the shrug is knit using 2 strands throughout the project. If I remember correctly, I think I did several swatches (ripped them all out), before deciding on what size needle and how many stitches to cast on. However, over the course of several rows, I decided the knitting wasn't lacy enough, so kept increasing my needle size. When the rectangle was long enough, I cast off. And then it sat in a basket for how many months? Anyway, I pulled it out Friday night to block so I could knit the ruffle this weekend. I then remembered one end was WAY wider than the other. So, deciding I couldn't block it into submission, and couldn't bear to finish it that way, I frogged the entire 47 x 22 inches. I then knit the entire rectangle again (finished it last night) and it is now blocking ....

I'll post pictures, along with details when I get the camera back from TBHE.

No comments: