Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day One

Well, I've done it: I've set up my own blog :) I've been wanting to do this for some time now, I read several other blogs nearly daily, and I want to be a part of the fun too!

I am a 30-something mother of Monkeyboy* (3 yo) and Sweetpea* (9 months old). I am obsessed with knitting and quilting. Unfortunately my life often does not play along! I have been dying fabrics for quilting for years, and have recently started dying yarn as well. I also sew some. I used to make the majority of my clothes, but having kids cut into my sewing time. I need projects now that are easy to pick up for a few minutes work, and sewing garments generally do not allow that. I do make some tote bags and purses. My stitch group (primarily quilters) call me the Bag Lady.

My main reason for wanting this blog is to get in touch with other knitters. As I stated above, my weekly stitch group is made up of all quilters, although I rebel and take my knitting :)

More to follow, including pictures!

*Real names not used to protect the innocent!

No comments: