Tuesday, October 17, 2006

FO report

Pattern: Twisty Turns wrap by Norah Gaughan from Wrap Style.
Yarn: Andean Silk from Knit Picks, color Pitch.
Needles: Denise size 8
Finished size: don't remember, I'll add later.
Started: October 5, 2006
Completed: October 16, 2006

Did I tell you I was knitting this? This is the Twisty Turns wrap I've been wanting to knit forever. It has to be the fasted I've started and completed something in a LONG time. It wasn't hard at all, but was a lot of the same knitting. I started it while I was on my road trip week before last, and got well over half of it done while I was gone. I was afraid to put it aside once I got back for fear I would be too bored to pick it up again! I finished it last night, and am wearing it today at work. It will stay at work, as my office has a north facing window, and gets mighty cold in the winter. I started out knitting the next to largest size, which called for knitting the piece until it was 114" long. I stopped at the next size down and pinned it together, and it seemed plenty big enough right there. So I seamed it together and am wearing it today. I think I could have gone down a size more, because it seems a little loose on the shoulders still. Overall, I'm thrilled with it and happy I finally got it on (and off) the needles! Now I can get back to my Fair Isle Cardigan!

No comments: