Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I finally finished the Peace Fleece sweater this past weekend! I promptly started a Debbie Bliss toddler sized cardigan, but I had to restart it a couple of times, since I was knitting outside at the lake at oh, probably 11:00 at night. By the light of some rope lighting around the deck railing. Size 3 needles and 4-ply yarn with lace, cables, and tiny bobbles. Do I have pictures of either for you? Not at the moment, but soon, I promise. I will wet block the Peace Fleece sweater tonight, hopefully it will dry in a day or two, and I can model it for a photo shoot.

I know my blog has been more quiet recently, but there have been some things going on I didn't feel comfortable talking about here until now. I am looking for another job, this time not in the world of public accounting. I love what I do, and I really like my clients, but I cannot work tax season hours with my children being the ages they are. I can only imagine it will get harder once they start school and have homework, etc. So, last night I sat down with the partners in my firm and let them know what was going on. They were very understanding, and very appreciative of the "advance-advance notice", as one put it. Fortunately, I can be a little picky about my next job, and I feel confident I will find something great in plenty of time before the next tax season starts up. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted :)

No comments: