Friday, August 15, 2008

Falling for Ewe Questionnaire

I joined the Falling for Ewe Autumn Yarn swap on Ravelry - Here's my questionnaire!



Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
I know how to do both, but it's been years since I crocheted. I've been knitting since I was about 7 years old, so 30 years - ouch, that really hurt to type that!

Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
I just learned to spin this year, or rather, I am still learning. I have a drop spindle, and a Fricke double treadle. Right now I'm staying away from superwash fibers.

Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
I used to be passionate about quilting, and hope to get back to several projects someday soon.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers?

Anything soft? I'm a natural fiber girl - I do prefer superwash yarn for socks - for obvious reasons. As far as spinning goes, right now I'm very much a beginner, so I'm sticking to the easier to spin fibers like BFL, Corriedale, Wensleydale, etc.

What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
I don't care for 100% acrylics, or anything that feels too crunchy.

Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
I've been curious about the Silk Garden sock yarn, but is it soft enough for socks? I haven't seen any in person to feel of it yet. I thought I heard the Kuryeon was scratchy, but that Silk Garden would be softer. I have a few skeins of sock yarn that I really love, so much that am waiting for that pattern that is worthy of using the yarn! Maybe if I had more that one skein, I'd be more likely to use it! I have one skein each of Wollmeise and Fleece Artist.

What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
I like socks because they are easy to take anywhere, but I really love cardigans, because I get the most use out of them. My office is cold.

What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn?
I'm working on a pair of socks from a sock blank, a baby cardigan for a baby due in September, and a fair isle cardigan for my daughter. I always have socks in the queue to start, and I'd also like to start a Tilted Duster this fall. I already have the yarn and a swatch and everything!

What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
Probably my Peace Fleece cardigan, because I didn't have a pattern, I used Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top. There's nothing complicated about it, but it's my own design, and it fits :)

What is your oldest UFO?
Right now, it's probably my Wicked Cardigan. I only have to sew the buttons on it and maybe hand sew some invisible elastic in it to fix a too-big neckline.

Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
I would like to learn how to create more hours in the day so I can knit more ;)

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am - I wear a size 9M shoe. My foot circumference is about 9", and length is about 10".

Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
Yes to both.

Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
I mostly use KnitPicks Options, so they are in their case, and I bought extra pockets for the fixed circulars. My DPNs are in a plastic pencil box right now.

Do you collect anything?
Not really, although I am fond of dragonflies and ladybugs.

What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?
I like just about any kind of music except rap and heavy metal. My iTunes has everything from the Beatles to Beethoven, including lots of Sting and Ben Folds. I am MP3 ready.

Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Now that's a silly question - of course I like sweets, all kinds! My favorites are dark chocolates :)

What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?
Married with a five year old son and three year old daughter, and seven year old dog.

Are you allergic to anything?
Nope :)

Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)? Please include links for your swap pal. Amazon, Loopy Ewe

Are you having a birthday during this swap?
No.

What is your Ravelry ID?
PennyLane.

No comments: