Monday, April 13, 2009

Time Flies...

...And all that. I was just wishing today I could figure out how to clone myself. If there were more of me, I would have one clone work and provide income. Another would cook, clean house, and take care of the flower beds. A third would study for the CPA exams (a full time job in itself), and I would knit, quilt, design, hang out with family and friends, blog, and occasionally cook and garden. Oh, and I would probably bake sourdough bread a lot.

Anyway, I just realized it's been about 3 weeks since I last blogged. I'm very busy at work and home now, plus I've been sucked into MafiaWars on Facebook. I've lost track of how long I've been playing it (3-4 weeks maybe?), and I'm an Enforcer at Level 38. I have several friends who are at level 100 and above. If you are on facebook and play, let me know - I'll join your family if you join mine ;)

I've been spending a lot of time on facebook lately because my 20 year high school reunion is coming up, and that seems to be the place where everyone is reconnecting. The people I'm "friending" seem to all be from elementary and high school. It's fun catching up with some of them after all these years. I didn't stay in touch with hardly any people I went to school with, and I'm starting to look forward to this reunion more than dread it :) Facebook has become a big time-suck for me, almost as much as Ravelry. I'm also on Twitter and Plurk, but I rarely login. The un-read blog posts in my Bloglines list is through the roof - but I can't wipe them out b/c I might miss something really really important, LOL!

On the knitting front, I have finished my Hey Teach! I looked all over Tulsa Saturday, and cannot find buttons I like with it. I'm reluctant to order any online, since color and fit are important factors here. The yarn is really a strange color. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, in Taupe, although its really more of a mushroom color. The only buttons I semi-liked with it were at Hancocks, and were the wrong size. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks, and see if they get them in a different size. If not, I'll start considering other options.

I've also finished (a long time ago) a Yorick for BHE. Well, finished except for felting it. I have 2 pair of socks in progress, one in Cascade Fixation, and the other in Trekking. The ladybug cardigan and the black cropped cardigan have been on hold forever.

I've also been trying to get my yarn stash in Ravelry, but so far have just entered a few, and not taken photos at all. I'm waiting for a good-light day on a weekend. So far, I've barely touched the tip of the iceberg.

OK, enough rambling for now. I really will try to blog more often, but it may be more life related and not 100% knitting. Ravelry has stolen a lot of my blogging mojo, but I do want to keep this one up.

1 comment:

Robin said...

My two HS friends I've stayed in touch with are both into Facebook lately too - I didn't go to the 10 year reunion and the 20 year is next year in 2010. Not sure if I will go or not yet!