Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Sorry for the pictureless post, but if I keep putting this off until I take the pictures, it may be weeks before it gets posted.

What am I working on? I cast on last week for Hey Teach, and have finished the back and half of the left front. I'm using Cotton-Ease in taupe, but someone I work with referred to it as mushroom, and I think that is really a better name for the color.

Last week I finished Cosima - I don't think I ever posted anything about starting it.... Anyway, I love it so much I've worn it three times since finishing it, but I have yet to get a photo of it :)

I also finished a pair of socks last week in Trekking. Pictures of those to follow as well as a proper FO report.

The ladybug sweater and the little cropped cardi I'm designing on the fly are in serious hibernation. I need to break out my sewing machine so I can reinforce the steeks before I cut into Marihone. The yarn is superwash, so doesn't cling to itself as much as regular wool, so I will not be cutting it until it is reinforced. The cropped cardi is on hold while I figure out how I want to do the sleeves. They will be set in, from the top down. The body is finished, and I've picked out buttons, so I only need to do the sleeves, buttonbands and collar, and it will be finished.

BHE recently built me a light box (as per Lolly's instructions), so my stash will be documented and entered into Ravelry as I can find the time.
OH! I'm going to a book signing tomorrow night for Sally Melville and Caddy Melville Ledbetter's book Mother-Daughter Knits, and then to a mini-workshop with them the next day! I flipped through the book briefly yesterday, and can't wait to spend some serious time with it! I'm also reading The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil. I'll post reviews on them both when I'm finished :)

No comments: