Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Packages!


I got home from work today to find these boxes on my front porch. Unfortunately, neither package was for me. Monkeyboy got a big package full of dinosaur stuff from the great aunt in Denver, and BHE ordered some DVD blanks. I had a few minutes before I needed to leave for stitching, so I sat down on the couch to watch a little TV and promptly fell asleep! I awoke a few minutes later to the sound of the doorbell ringing. I went to answer it and saw the UPS man pulling away, but he left a box for me! It was my order from Knitting-Warehouse, and was the yarn I ordered for the upcoming Sexy Knitters Club knit along, Tempting II. I also ordered 2 pair of circular needles. I am trying out different kinds to figure out which I like better.




I went to stitch group with every attention of working on the Lacy Lattice Stole for the Amazing Lace, but ending up casting off the first sleeve of the Simple Stripes sweater, and knitting about half of the second sleeve. Here is the progress tonight. I think I can finish this here and there by Friday night, so I can start more mindless knitting for a road trip Saturday. Charts and Lace don't work well in the car for me :)

By the way, I was extremely surprised and flattered to see my entry for Challenge #1 of the Amazing Lace had been singled out for an honorable mention of sorts. There were a ton of great entries out there. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Penny! I found your blog on the kit swap page! I live in Norman and work in OKC, so we are practically neighbors.

In fact, I was in your neck of the woods Saturday night seeing the Lion King! Too fun!

Good to meet you!