So I was a little stressed at work today, for reasons I won't mention here, and in anticipation of said stress, I took the instructions for Elle with me. I setup a spreadsheet (yes I am a geek) of how many total rows for each section I would have to do. I was going to figure out what percentage I've completed so far. Because of varying numbers of stitches per row due in increases & decreases and zigzag edging, I had to also calculate the total number of stitches in the stole. I am a little taken aback (but not overwhelmed) to see how much knitting is left to do, and a little surprised at how far I've come. So far I've completed 28.09%.
Told you I was a geek.