Sunday, October 22, 2006

Random Facts

At the request of Nic, my Secret Pal 9 hostess, I am posting a random fact, or in my case a group of facts, about myself.

I was 7 weeks premature, and weighed 3 lbs 5 ozs. I stayed in the hospital for 3 months afterwards, and although the doctor told my parents I was "retarded" and should be put in an institution, I have no health problems whatsoever. (My mom immediately changed doctors!) Incidentally, I was a "surprise" baby born into a blended family. My mom and dad were 39 and 37 respectively, and my siblings ranged from 13 to 19 years of age.

In 1971, 39 was considered old for a woman to give birth, especially considering she already had grown children. Now that I'm 35, that doesn't sound so old to me :)

2 comments:

Nic said...

Yeah no kidding. Im 36 and I am thinking 39 is an A-OK time to have a child.

Anonymous said...

You are a survivor! ;-)

I got my baby girl at 39...