Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Stash Busting


So, I've been thinking about this every since I read it on Wendy's blog a couple of weeks ago. I thought about it so much, I ordered more yarn from Elann and Knitpicks. I bought more yarn at three LYS last week. I have a ton of yarn (probably not literally, but close). I've decided to join the movement to "Knit From Your Stash 2007." There is no formal blog for this, just rules each knitter makes up to suit his or herself. Here are Wendy's rules. And here are mine:

1. My Knit-From-My-Stash will start 1/1/07, and end 9/30/07.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

  • If I need yarn to complete a project, I may buy enough to complete the project.
  • I get two excused purchases - I plan these for two trips we plan to take this summer, as I usually buy yarn or quilt fabric as souvenirs.
  • If someone asks for a specific knitted item and I don't have suitable yarn in my stash, I may purchase yarn for that item - this is not likely to happen.
  • Yarn purchases are allowed for gifts, specifically for Secret Pals.
  • If I need to restock my LYS or my Etsy shop with my handpainted yarn, I may purchase the necessary undyed yarn.

Here's to Goals for the New Year!

No comments: