Friday, November 07, 2008

Fall Yarn Swap Package #2



Check out the second package from my Fall Yarn Swap spoiler!

She sent me lots of Halloween goodies, lots of chocolates, Pumpkin Spice coffee (I can't wait to try this!), and two hanks of Malibrigo!! The colorway is Sweet Grape, and I love it! I haven't decided yet what to do with it - I'm trying to decide between either a hat and/or scarf, or a shrug. I found a couple of shrugs on Ravelry that had been knitted with 2 hanks of Malibrigo, and I think I have both books the patterns are in. I just need to pull them out and make sure there is enough yardage. If not, I might still make a shrug and trim it in black Malibrigo. I was in my LYS yesterday, and they had several hanks of black in stock.

I really love everything she sent, and can't wait to find out who she is!

Meanwhile, I am so brain dead.... I have been studying every spare second I have, and have scheduled the next section of my CPA exam for Nov 25th. I forgot my brother's birthday for nearly two weeks, and I see him almost everyday. The only thing I can knit when I have a second is stockinette stitch socks*. I have two finished baby sweaters that only need buttons sewn on, and two other sweaters are on hold because I don't have the time or brain power to get past the current problems I have with them, which aren't really problems, they just need some math. Anyway, I'm just trying to survive the next two and a half weeks, and then enjoy the holidays and my family. And boy, do I ever have knitting & crafting plans for the 5-6 weeks I'm taking off!

* I'm not starting the socks from the Sock Blank I got in the Winter Sock Blank Swap until after my test, because I love the blank, and want to really enjoy knitting it, not just knitknitknit because I'm so stressed I can't see straight. Come on, Thanksgiving!

No comments: